Community Development Corporation
- From Concepts: * New Dawn - Cape Breton CDC
- From MW150113 - CED & Social Economy in Canada - A People's History.pdf: Cape Breton Association for Co-Op Development adopted US CDC - New Dawn. clarify.
- From MW150113 - CED & Social Economy in Canada - A People's History.pdf: Other CDCs including RESO.
- From Transforming or Reforming Capitalism - Chapter 2 - Ghorayshi, Gradon, Kliewer "Towards a Social Theory in Community Economic Development: Idealizing Community in the Era of Globalization": Local community efforts in North America date to early 20th centurywarning.pngThe date "early 20th century" was not understood. settler communities, losing their popularity in in the 1950s - 1960swarning.pngThe date "1950s - 1960s" was not understood. due to a surge in capitalism. By the Temporal:1980s, globalization, post-industrialism and neo-liberal policies, promoted market players and supported by government, had deprecated welfare state ideals. Civil society, in forms such as NGOs, CDCs, CD, CED, CDIO, micro-enterprise, micro-lending, PRA, etc emerged in support of local development and empowerment, with an assumption they could support good social services. Successes have included fighting the economic problems of exclusion, and time dollar banks.
- From Concepts: * !Regroupement pour la relance economique et sociale du Sud-Ouest - A CDC in southwest Montréal